Monday 14 May 2012

British Open - Qualifying finals

This evening I was up against Aisling Blake, ranked 24.

I ensured I didn't make the same mistake as yesterday and got off to a flying start, going 10-4 up in the first game before taking it 11-5. I built up a 6-3 lead in the 2nd but she produced some good play to get back in the game and eventually win it 11-8.
I pushed forward again and found my length which paid off as I was able to attack with a good margins. I managed to get the game 11-6 and the 4th was a similar story as a raced out to a 4-0 lead and drove home the advantage (no pun intended) winning the game 11-5 and the match 3-1.
Overall I played really well and I'm pleased to get an important win against a player ranked significantly higher than me. It's great to qualify for a world series event and my prize is a match tomorrow against Natalie Grinham; a pretty awesome birthday present for tomorrow!! So 6pm tomorrow time to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment