Monday 19 December 2011

Manor Open (Ilkeston) Final

Today in the final I played Tania Bailey. We both played well in patches, however our movement patterns were clashing so there were plenty of lets. Tania took the first and third games, I took the second and then I managed to claw my way back from match ball down in the 4th to take the game 12-10 and the match into a deciding 5th game. It was clear from the start of the 5th Tania was struggling and unfortunately after 75 minutes of play she was forced to retire with a knee injury when I was leading 8-5. I sincerely hope Tania makes a speedy recovery.

Obviously this is not how I would have liked to have taken my first title but hopefully it will be the first of many. Now I'm going to have a week off before getting a good block of training in for the majority of January. My next block of tournaments will be starting with the Edinburgh Open right at the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment